At wits end? Need guidance with a divorce or other family matters in Guilford County? Johnson-Parris Law, PLLC is a Divorce and Family Law firm in Greensboro focused exclusively on family law matters in Guilford County.

Our firm is dedicated to finding practical solutions, and we are prepared to resolve your problems through the courtroom or by other means of dispute resolution. As a small firm, we provide the benefit of personal attention and sound advice. Whether it’s about divorce, child support, custody, property division, spousal support, or a prenuptial agreement, give me a call.

Schedule an Appointment

badge icon

North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist


Years of Experience
in Family Law


Type of Family
Supporting Services

badge icon


A skilled attorney who provides compassionate, individual attention to your situation.


Yes, North Carolina divorces are “no fault” and given on the basis of a husband and wife living apart for a period of one year and either party being a resident of North Carolina for six months prior to filing the divorce complaint.
A separation from your husband/wife can be as simple as the two of you living in separate places. Moving into different bedrooms in the same home is not living separate and apart.
Guilford County Child Support Enforcement can assist you with enforcing a child support order or initiating a case for a determination of child support for a small application fee of up to $25. Their website is http://www.co.guilford.nc.us/cse/. Our firm can also assist you with your child support case.
This is a difficult question to answer without knowing all of the details of your case. However, we charge on a flat-fee basis so you know up front what your total legal fees will be. After a consultation, we can provide a quote for how much your case will cost.
We do take pro bono cases through Legal Aid of North Carolina. Please contact them first at 1-866-219-5262 or 122 North Elm Street, Suite 700, Greensboro, NC 27401. We also support the North Carolina Bar Association’s 4 All Campaign. On the Statewide Service Day, anyone can call in and “ask a lawyer” a question for free. Find out more at http://4allnc.ncbar.org/.
Pre or post-nuptial agreements are not just for the rich and famous. These agreements generally settle financial and property issues that arise in the event of divorce or death, such as who gets the house, who pays spousal support, and what property will be considered separate or marital.
This increasingly makes sense for second marriages and blended families, or even situations where third parties, like aging parents, are dependent on a member of the couple for support. Read my article I co-authored on prenuptial agreements with financial planner Sherri Brown to learn more about the benefits of these agreements.
No. To legitimate a child, you must petition the court or the child becomes legitimated upon the marriage of the parents. You should have a custody agreement or order in place as well. Seek legal counsel to ensure your rights are protected. Our firm can help you with your legitimation or custody case.
View All FAQs

Professional Fees

Professional fees are what lawyers charge for their expertise, time, and experience. Every legal matter presents unique challenges and complications, so it is the facts and complications of an individual case that ultimately determine the cost.

The exact fees or payment plan for your case will be determined during your consultation. Sometimes more than one meeting may be required.

The fees listed below are estimated costs of service:

Consultation fee
Uncontested Absolute Divorce
Separation Agreements starting at
Retainer Cases starting at

* Court Cost applied when applicable

Contact Today


View All Testimonials